Many of the features homeowners desire involve the kitchen. These include stainless steel appliances and a kitchen island. The kitchen is a major focal point for the home buyers, acting as an informal gathering place.
The home buyers age will dictates what features are desirable….
- More people age 35 to 54 found the internal features of a house to be very important in making a decision than any other age group.
- Younger and first time home buyers want to build equity and features may not be as important.
- Young families find certain amenities such as yards, child-friendly neighborhoods, and school districts are important.
The features described from this survey are not necessarily the most important deciding factors for potential home buyers. Most realistically, when looking at a house, the first things people consider are factors such as: neighborhood, school district, and the commute to jobs.
Using data from the survey, the following list are features that homeowners are willing to pay extra for:
- Central air conditioning
- New kitchen appliances
- Walk-in closet in master bedroom
- Granite countertops
- Hardwood floors
- Ensuite master bath
- Kitchen island
- Stainless steel appliances
- Home less than 5 years old
- Eat-in kitchen
- One or more fireplaces
After reading this article and seeing the list do you agree? What would you pay extra for?